Product Development Manager
|Work location||North Vietnam|
|Years of experience||3-5 years|
- Bảo hiểm theo quy định
- Du Lịch
- Phụ cấp
- Xe đưa đón từ thành phố đi nhà máy
- Chăm sóc sức khỏe
- Đào tạo
- Tăng lương
- Phụ cấp thâm niên
- Chế độ nghỉ phép
- Within the context of the SM&M direction and operating plan, provides managerial leadership to the product development team to create the Product Development Collection for the assigned product category(ies) based on fashion trend insights to showcase the company’s capabilities and generate customer demand for products.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
1. Fashion Trend Knowledge and Insight
- Fashion Trend Knowledge: work with PD team to establish channels and sources for collecting information on future fashion trends (e.g. colors, patterns, fabrications, styles, etc.).
- Fashion Insights: work with PD team to determine the key themes (e.g. colors, patterns, fabrications, styles, etc.) for the subsequent development season based on collected fashion trend information.
- New Fabric Quality/ Technology: keep updated on the latest fabric qualities and technologies available in the market.
- Trend Presentation: Gather materials (fabrics, trims, garments) and help with color and trend presentation to customers. Update showroom when necessary to showcase these trends.
2. Product Development (PD) Collection
- PD Development Timeline: Work with PD to determine the target development timeline for the PD Collection.
- Collect Ideas from Other Sources: seek further inputs from:
- + Factory lines for immediate knowledge on products being made
- + Determine products which may suit the customers’ tastes and needs and their product requirements.
- Source Fabric/ Trims/ Styles: looking out for the newest ideas from the resources in the factory
- Samples/ CADs/ Marketing Tools: working with PD for seasonal collection samples/ leg panels/ panels/ boards required to compliment the sample collection.
- Clearly understanding of what goes into each product category: forex in shirts, what type of yarns would be suitable for dress shirts or sport shirt, to be able to tell the amount of washing needed, what differs from our own sample vs a market sample? Etc….
3. Customer Demand
- Target Customers: work with PD for face-to-face presentations of the PD Collection and develop suitable themes for the targeted customers.
- Presentation Preparation: the gathering of suitable fabrics, trims and garments for presentations
- Quotations: preparing of YY and SMV for each sample in the PD Collection.
- Customer Presentation: meet with target customers to present fashion trends, insights, and the PD Collection.
- + Maintain the showroom garment samples and recommend to the PD VP on the garment samples to be represented in the showroom.
- + Be accountable for and be personally involved in setting up and periodically updating the Showroom to represent the Brand and to generate customer demand.
4. Customer Relationship
- Customer Relationship:
- Proactively communicate with designers to understand their requirements and standards
- Share the information with relevant Sales / Merchandising Teams as appropriate.
5. New Performance Product Knowledge
- New Product Knowledge: communicate with the PD and R&D team to understand technical details for new performance products to be commercialized.
- Performance Product Training: adequate knowledge to sell and bring to market new performance products effectively.
6. Managerial Leadership of Immediate Team
- Business Context: communicate the ‘bigger picture’ context in which IEs need to plan and execute work (e.g. world, country, industry, Group, customer and inter-departmental considerations).
- Collaborative Teamwork: establish a process for meeting regularly and holding IEs accountable for effective and collaborative teamwork at their level.
- IE Performance Management*: agree on SMART goals and assignments with each IE and provide continuous managerial guidance and feedback. Provide support for enhancing performance in the current role, conduct mid-year progress reviews and determine year-end performance appraisal ratings.
- IE Development*: assess the strengths and development needs of each IE and coach him/her in developing their FSKs and MLCs in line with the Role Profile of his/her current job.
- Recognition and Reward: provide differential recognition and recommendations for reward incentives for IEs (pay, promotion, development opportunities).
- De-selection: recommend re-assignment or termination of IEs where appropriate, supported by a fair ‘due process’ and structured performance improvement program.
- Appeals Process: provide an appeals process for employees one level down (EoDs) who have a grievance with his/her Immediate Manager (IM).
* Notes: manager accountable for 1) coaching IEs to improve their performance and their abilities in their current job, 2) assessing the future potential of employees one-level down(EoDs reporting to the manager’s IEs) and mentoring EoDs in terms of their career development for future roles, 3) identifying and developing successors for his/her IEs where relevant.
7. Personal Effectiveness
- Assessment: take accountability for self-assessment of how to improve your own personal effectiveness in the current role.
- Feedback: ask for feedback regarding personal effectiveness from relevant parties.
- Development Plan: pro-actively discuss ways for improving personal effectiveness with own IM. Seek opportunities for learning and growth. Participate fully in development opportunities provided by the Group and consciously apply the learning from the development programs.
Note 1: the incumbent is also accountable for other tasks assigned by Immediate Manager, for specific purposes
(e.g. employee development). Immediate Manager is accountable for explaining outcomes and target durations for such assignments.
Note 2: incumbent may not be assigned all Accountability Areas or tasks in the Role Profile. It is at the discretion of the Immediate Manager to provide specific direction and priorities for each IE (e.g. ramp up new employees), supported by clear explanations and timeframes
- Working time: Office hours from Monday – Friday
- Working location: 150 km away from the capital Hanoi, Vietnam
- Strong managerial leadership competency
- Good eyes of fashion and new fashion trends
- Experience in Product developments from A to Z process
- Experience in Business development, sales & marketing, etc. (Need to search for new client and orders)
- At least 8+ years of working experience in the manager position
- Excellent in English and communication skills