|Work location||Miền Bắc, cách Hà Nội 60km|
|Years of experience||3 years|
- Bảo hiểm theo quy định
- Du Lịch
- Phụ cấp
- Xe đưa đón hàng ngày từ Hà Nội đi nhà máy
- Chăm sóc sức khỏe
- Đào tạo
- Tăng lương
- Phụ cấp thâm niên
- Chế độ nghỉ phép
1. Continuous Improvement of the Factory
- Daily Operational Results: through consistent, proactive and frank interaction with Operations groups, push forward daily improvement in the areas of efficiency and elimination of waste.
- Standard Minutes: ensure the accuracy and application of standard minute values in the production area
- Longer-Term Improvements: cooperating with other functional or operations areas and leveraging the knowledge of TPS, support or initiate projects with longer-term operational benefits for the Factory, these benefits to be measured most frequently in terms of Quality, Delivery or Cost improvements.
- Best Practices Implementation: observe practices across the Factory and interact with peers in other Factories, identify, document and ensure the rollout of best practices in the operations. This includes, but is not limited to, Factory layouts and design, new equipment and innovations for application within the Plant.
2. Industrial Engineering Function Outputs
Through direct output and/or through interaction with Factory employees drives for improvements in the areas of:
Efficiency Improvements: optimize efficiencies across the Plant by:
- Layout: create ideal factory and line layouts, leveraging core knowledge of industrial engineering, performance, rating and job flow to maximize efficiencies.
- Line Balancing: ensure sufficient knowledge and skills in the 3-ticket tools in the Operation team in support of the production efficiency targets.
- SMV Improvements and Reductions: identify opportunities to reduce SMV by improving methods or using folders, attachments and/or automation.
- Equipment Selection and Use: ensure the right machine is used on the right job and all the functions of the machine are fully utilized to optimize productivity.
- TPS Implementation: in collaboration with Operations teams across the Factory, implement and improve upon the standards as laid out under the company’s TPS program, including but not limited to, Lead Time Reduction Inventory / WIP reduction and other elimination of waste type projects.
- Incentive Schemes: within the Group guidelines, recommend operator incentive schemes that will generate maximum productivity gains for the minimum cost increase.
- Problem Solving: provide input to the Operations team to reduce and/or eliminate bottlenecks in production processes to enable improved flows through the Plant in support of improved efficiency targets.
- Operator Skill Development:
- in collaboration with AAMT and Operations, develop standard methods to rate operators’ skills within the relevant Group guidelines.
- assist the Garment Technical Senior Manager in the identification, introduction and standard use of Method Best Practices (MBPs) in support of the operator skill development as necessary.
Work Measurement and Ergonomics: study and improve the processes, movements and ergonomics in all areas of the Factory, e.g. from raw materials handling in the warehouse through to finished goods handling.
3. Internal Customer Engagement
- Internal Customer Expectations: identify internal customers’ key expectations from the Industrial Engineering services.
- Service Delivery: hold the relevant direct reports accountable for building relationships and meeting the expectations of customers to create high customer engagement.
- Customer Buy-in: communicate and collaborate with internal customers to gain support for Industrial Engineering department initiatives.
- Continuous improvement: achieve year-on-year improvement in customer engagement.
4. Managerial Leadership of Immediate Team
- Business Context: communicate the ‘bigger picture’ context in which IEs need to plan and execute work (e.g. world, country, industry, Group, customer and inter-departmental considerations.)
- Collaborative Teamwork: establish the process for meeting regularly and holding IEs accountable for effective and collaborative teamwork at their level.
- IE Performance Management*: agree on SMART goals and assignments with each IE and provide continuous managerial guidance and feedback. Provide support for enhancing performance in the current role, conduct midyear progress reviews and determine year-end performance appraisal ratings.
- IE Development*: assess the strengths and development needs of each IE; developing their FSKs and MLCs in line.
- Recognition and Reward: provide differential recognition and recommendations for reward incentives for IEs (pay, promotion, development opportunities.).
- De-selection: recommend re-assignment or termination of IEs where appropriate, supported by a fair ‘due process’ and structured performance improvement program.
- Appeals Process: provide an appeals process for employees one level down (EoDs) who have a grievance with his/her Immediate Manager (IM).
Working location: 60km far from Hanoi, Vietnam
Working time: Office hours from Monday to Friday
- Have 3+ year of working experience in the same position in the garment field
- Good in English